Liddia?
"The officials in New Orleans have said that they had been asking for YEARS for federal help to fix the levees. How many years?"I provided excerpts from New Orleans' major newspaper that show that they began to complain about cuts in SELA Army Corp of Engineer funding to repair the levees in 2001.
How can you blame the government thats there now? What about the years they had been asking, you don't suppose they asked when Clinton was is office too?
The Southeaster Louisiana Flood Control Project was CREATED in 1995 during President Clinton's first term. It was created specifically to address the problems with the levees. Funding was cut in each year since Bush became president.
After all bush hasn't even been there for YEARS.
George W. Bush has been the President of the United States since January 20th 2000.
Which part of that don't you get?


4 Comments:
I get it all thank you. I wasn't talking about just 5 years when I said they have been asking for "years". And what about before clinton was in office and made that program? There was not a concern then about the levees not lasting past a cat 3 storm. The levees have been there much longer than bush and clinton have been in office right? I just cannot grasp that there was no concern prior to that.
But they've only been asking since Bush began cutting.
The fact remains that Bush was the guy who began drastically cutting back on the funding for the levees - and don't forget the re-classification of wetlands while at the same time asking for one hundred million dollars to recreate "the garden of eden" in Iraq.
Also, remember "starve the beast" - it's the modern conservative movement's dirtiest secret.
If you want to go back and say why didn't Bush the first or Reagan or Carter or Ford or Nixon or Kennedy or Eisenhower or Truman or FDR do more, then that's cool. But that allows no one really to be accountable and that would please Bush very much. However, I think that if you look at when the improvements began (in recent history) and then look at when they slowed it's very telling.
Just like after 9/11 Bush and his party don't want any real investigation into what went wrong. They say - don't worry we'll investigate it ourselves. That's like me getting a letter from the IRS saying that they want to audit my tax return and me telling them not to bother I'll have a look into it myself and get right back to them.
ok whatever then
that's exactly the response I was hoping for :)
Post a Comment
<< Home