Gary's Blogapolooza

Things that are going on in the lives of Emily and me. Some things that grab my attention. Family and friends, etc. That's what this, my very own blog (which was created by accident) is about - hopefully - maybe.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Suzette

I saw that you were wondering about the Unitarian Universalists. It's funny that a lot of us came up with that because Emily's mom Midge not too long ago started attending a UU church. For as long as Emily can remember her mom had been a member of their local Presbyterian church and was a regular church goer. But, She'd had a sort of "crisis of faith" after loosing her second child to cancer and went to the minister of her Presbyterian church to talk - anyway - to make a long story short she didn't like the guy much and had been troubled for a while by how he was taking the church in a much more right-wing fundamentalist direction. So, she knew some people who were members of the UU church in York, PA and went for a visit and liked it and has been going ever since. Emily and I went with her once last winter and we both liked it a lot too.

This is how they describe themselves

And as far as I can tell this is the closest UU church to Washington, PA
And this is a list of all the UU churches in Ohio

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Suzette said...

Wow. One of the reasons I have such a large problem with religion is the whole judgemental and closed minded approach to life in general. That whole "it's all black and white" and the "if you aren't doing it our way then you are wrong" kind of thing. Guess this church really is closer to what my beliefs are than any I've seen.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Gary Brownlee said...

That's pretty much how I've always felt about organized religion too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home